Monday, August 3, 2009

“I have motored through nearly every state in our country, and while opinions may vary with shifting scenes in many places, I always return to my 1st love – New Hampshire. There is no more charming or beautiful spot. I have been there some part of sixty years. Then covered bridges, old houses, white churches, rocky fields, and zigzag fences – all of them forming the backdrop against which sunshine, rain and snow play a symphony of color, light and music of mystic charm and beauty. No wonder there are fine and gracious folk in New Hampshire. It could not be otherwise in such pleasant surroundings. – Wallace Tibbetts, Wellesley, Massachusetts”

I personally love to glance out my kitchen window at the white church the sits behind my house. It gives me a peaceful feeling seeing that white steeple peering above the pine trees. While tourists are paying to come vacation in New Hampshire just to capture a week or even a weekend of the peace and harmony that our gorgeous landscaped scenes provide, there are some residence who don’t always appreciate how lucky we are to be able to have the opportunity to enjoy these beautiful portraits right in our own back yard everyday.

Some of us have lived in New Hampshire for so long that we’ve taken for granted what we need those ‘outside the box’ to remind us to be thankful for. Thank you Wallace Tibbetts for a wonderfully detailed reminder of how lucky I am to be a New Hampshire resident.
– Bobi Bigelow

No comments:

Post a Comment